|Uber Cash Payment at Pune, Hyderabad ,Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Kochi|
Uber Kolkata now accepts CASH as payment towards your Uber ride.
Update (Aug 17, 2015):
Uber Chennai now accepts cash payment.
Choice is a beautiful thing and soon many Chennaites will be able to pay for Uber rides using cash. That’s right – you will get all the Uber awesomeness and even more options when it comes to paying for your ride. Simply choose the CASH option, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
Over the last few months our teams in India and in San Francisco have worked tirelessly to create a seamless cash payment option that is truly Uber.
Not all of you will see the Cash option right away as we are testing different cohorts and user preferences. If you do not see the Cash option immediately, worry not. We will be rolling out this option slowly over the next few weeks to all our riders.
With products such as uberGO and uberX, riders in Chennai will have access to multiple transportation options that are safe, reliable and convenient.
Update : Pune, Welcome Cash payment option..
Update: Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Kochi these cities will accept cash from today.
Uber cash payment feature in India for Cab Ride
|Uber cash payment feature in India for Cab Ride|
How to use Cash payment system...
- Open up the app and go to the Payment section on the top left corner
- Select ‘CASH’ as your payment option
- Request for a ride
- Before you get out, pay the amount shown directly to the driver – No haggling required!
- Cash option is only available for trips in Hyderabad
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- Not everyone will see the cash option right away as we are testing and rolling it out slowly
- You do not need any minimum balance in your Paytm wallet to be able to book rides with cash as your payment option BUT make sure you have enough cash for the trip
- You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your Paytm wallet and vice versa
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
- There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders
"We know that cash is still the dominant payment option for millions of Indians, especially in smaller cities. At Uber, our goal is to ensure everyone can enjoy the hassle-free convenience of ordering a safe, reliable ride at the push of a button. By giving riders cash payments as an option, we are able to better meet the needs of a rapidly growing and fast-evolving consumer base," Bhavik Rathod, general manager, Uber Bengaluru said.
However, the option may not be available in your city right away. Uber informed that the process will roll out in a few weeks. "Not all riders will see cash right away as we are testing different groups and user preferences," he added.