|Uber Delhi Riders have to shell more money plus Night Charges Extra|
Unlock 25% off your next 2 trips in Delhi NCR. Simply enter code 25ON25 in the ‘Promotions’ tab on your Uber app.
1. Valid in Delhi NCR only
2. Max discount is Rs. 50 per trip
3. Max 2 trips per user
4. Valid until midnight of 25th August 2016
In pursuance to the order released by the Honourable High Court of New Delhi, dated 25th July 2016, Uber Delhi NCR is introducing certain caps to their prices. This change is effective from 22nd August, 2016. Uber is incorporating the following principles into their pricing structure:
- For trips less than 3 kms during normal hours (5 AM – 11 PM), you will be charged a maximum of Rs. 69 [excluding tolls and service tax]
- For trips less than 3kms during night (11PM-5AM), you will be charged a maximum of Rs. 86.25 (Rs. 69 +25% night time charge) [excluding tolls and service tax]
- For trips more than 3kms during normal hours (5 AM – 11 PM), you will be charged a maximum of Rs.23 per km [excluding tolls and service tax]
- For trips more than 3kms during night (11PM-5AM), you will be charged a maximum of Rs. 28.75 per km [excluding tolls and service tax]
What happens if my fare was higher than the stipulated pricing?
- Our team is working round the clock to ensure this does not happen. However, if you find an issue with your fare, please write to us from the ‘HELP’ section on your Uber app. You will be reimbursed in Uber credits within 4-5 working days.
Are tolls & service tax applicable?
-The stipulated pricing is exclusive of taxes & tolls. They would apply as usual.
List of Delhi taxes and tolls
Now, its upto Delhi riders and drivers to decide if this rate cap policy is good for them. Please write your comments here to let everyone know your thoughts. Raise your concerns , the same rule may be applied in other cities as well.
Most important links to check next ...
Still not on uber: Uber First Free Ride Promo Code