REQUESTING A RIDE FOR SOMEONE ELSE
- To request a ride for someone other than yourself, set the pickup location to their current location.
- Be sure to give your driver a call once your request has been accepted to describe who they’ll be picking up.
- Please note that at this time it's not possible to request more than one ride from a single account.
- Confirm you’re getting in the right Uber. Double check the license plate number matches the car’s plate and photo matches the driver. Confirm your driver’s name and tell him your name.
- Need to contact your driver? Tap the “up arrow” next to the driver info and select “Contact Driver” to call or text your driver.
- Share your journey in real time. Use the “Share My ETA” feature to send your friends or family a map of your route and expected time of arrival.
- Provide feedback. Our feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip. We use that information to evaluate our driver partners.
- Detailed receipts. Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name, photo and route information from pickup to drop off. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your trip. Additional questions? Just click the ‘Support’ tab in the app or reply to your receipt and a member of our support team will follow up shortly!
- Make sure to buckle up!
- Please refrain from asking your driver to pick you up or drop you off in areas where pickup/drop-off parking is not permitted.
- Have more than 4 passengers? Request a second Uber.
- Has your driver arrived? Don’t make your driver wait too long. Remember, drivers’ time is valuable too and they are more than happy to help you as soon as they accept your request.
- Be respectful of your drivers. Despite the dubious Indian road traffic, they work hard to give you 5 star service to get you to where you want to go. Raising your voice or using strong language is not very Uber.
- If you are thinking of bringing a pet when you ride, make sure to get the driver’s permission first.
- Help keep your driver’s vehicle clean. Put yourself in the shoes of the next rider.
- No drinking, smoking or illegal substances in the car. Period.
- Riding Uber means there’s no need to pay cash! (Unless you are opted for Cash payment in Hyderabad- Uber is testing cash payment in Hyderabad.)When you get to your destination, you can simply hop out and be on your way.
- Rate your driver based on your driver’s performance and quality of service. Drivers do not control the fare. If you have a question, reply to your receipt and we’ll be happy to review your fare!
PERFECT YOUR PICK-UP
- Double-check your pick-up location on the map in the Uber app before hitting the ‘Request’ button. Pinning your location properly will save both you AND the driver valuable time so you can get going sooner. When in large buildings, try your best to drop the pin near the street where you’ll be waiting.
- Request your ride only when you’re ready to go.
- Tap the “up arrow” next to your driver’s info and select “Split Fare”.
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”.
- Your Uber-savvy friends will receive a message and taken directly to the app to confirm.
- Your friends without Uber will be asked to download the app, sign up, and confirm their share of the ride.